Monday, August 22, 2005

I feel cool like Brian when he's hanging out at the bowling alley

Wallet chains, low rise jeans, paris hilton skirts from two years ago, thoughtless tattoos, beanies on a eighty degree day and girls that weren't even born while I was watching USA up all night. That's correct, I'm back at community college. My third year in a two year institution with one more to go. Some people jabber and say crazy expressions from the old days that make no sense at all. Here's one for example: the more things change the more they stay the same. I don't know if its just the people of the corn or everywhere else but here nothing changes. Its the same all day, everyday. Things don't even go full circle here, just a 180 degree line on a flat plane. Its lame. The same kids, dressed the same, two years behind trendiness, acting out the same way, vying for attention in a town where we get enough but they don't realize it. If you ever heard my ramblings you know that sometimes on or not on a binge(which covers nothing like you think) I come across stupid situations where hate makes me crazy. For instance, I live by the railroad tracks, and sometimes I want to fight the trains. Not just because they are loud and I can't sleep, but because they're cocky. Stupid horns blowing as they turn the bend and head out of town. The gall of these engines to think that they are the first to come around the turn and arrogantly let loose that devil sound. Maybe they're just cocky because they are leaving town? Well guess what trains, you'll be back, so will the mountain man. Guaranteed.
For some reason I thought about the trains today. Every kid the same, every nebraska football fan the same, every girl the same, every day after a NIGHT the same, every school year the same. But maybe this year will be different. I feel older and less eager to try to be cool. Maybe just be the cranky old man for once. After all I am glad that school has started, it has to be easier than the summer. You try to juggle three or four girls. Easy you say? All four of them have boyfriends. And I'm back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home